Start your weekend with these protein-rich vegan peanut butter and banana pancakes. Whether you’re making them for your family breakfast or a special brunch date, they will go down like a treat! Top them with bananas and maple syrup and enjoy every delicious mouthful.
In my humble opinion, a good weekend is not quite complete without a mouth-watering stack of pancakes, hence I’m always up for experimenting with different pancake flavours and textures. Well, I’ve posted the recipes for carrot cake pancakes before, gingerbread pancakes, buckwheat pancakes and you know what?! I don’t mean to stop – there are too many delicious flavours to experiment with, right?!
I usually like ‘playing’ with different flours, so on this occasion I used good old porridge oats and milled them in my Nutribullet. I just pulse them for 3-5 seconds until they turn into fine oat flour. To add a good protein boost to these pancakes, I also used peanut flour, which is 50% protein and 11% fibre, as well as low glycemic and naturally gluten-free.
When it comes to pancake toppings, I dare not stop you from being as adventurous as you like. Normally, I like mine with a drizzle of maple syrup and some berries on the side but these peanut butter and banana pancakes definitely require to be served with banana medallions and a generous dollop of peanut butter, just for good measure!
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY BRUNCH INSPIRATION?
Check out some of the readers’ favourite recipes below:
- Granola breakfast pizza
- Easy vegan French toast
- Butternut squash pancakes
- 15 minute ‘cheesy’ vegan polenta
- The ultimate orange crepes
As always, if you have a go at making these utterly delicious vegan peanut butter & banana pancakes, I’d be delighted to read your comments and hear your feedback. Be sure to drop a comment here on the blog, tag me in your photos on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so I don’t miss them. It gives me so much joy seeing your takes on my recipes!your take on them.
Have a great week.
VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA PANCAKES (GF)
- 1 cup (gluten free) oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup peanut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Peanut butter , fresh banana & blackberries to serve
- Add oats into a high power blender (I used Nutribullet) and pulse for 3-5 seconds until fine powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and process until smooth.
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with coconut oil. Fry the pancakes over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with fresh banana medallions, blackberries and a drizzle of peanut butter and/or maple syrup.