This super easy & quick beetroot & rosemary penne pasta will tick all the right boxes for Valentine’s dinner. It’s so easy to make that even if you’re not great at cooking, you can still master this one. Less time in the kitchen equals more time with your Valentine! Vegan & gluten free.
Did someone say Valentine’s Day?! Call me sad but I totally refuse to buy all this commercial rubbish that accompanies Valentine’s Day. Overpriced flowers, less than average food, poor restaurant service – you get the picture. One of the best ways to show someone how much you love and appreciate them is surely by cooking for them, right?! This would certainly work in my book!
WHY BEETROOT & ROSEMARY PASTA?
- It comes together magically in 25 minutes, so it’s a perfect quick fix meal when you’re short of time but still want to make a delicious and healthy meal from scratch.
- Although it’s simple and made with just a handful of ingredients, The combination of creamy pasta and flavourful rosemary make it taste absolutely divine!
- If you’re into meal prep, add this recipe to your list!
- It’s a great vegan recipe for a romantic Valentine’s dinner & the festive season.
To make this beetroot & rosemary penne pasta I used steamed ready to eat beetroot. I wouldn’t recommend using pickled beetroot, as the vinegar in the beetroot will affect the flavours of the dish and make it too acidy.
Personally, I think that beetroot and rosemary go really well together, however if you’re not a fan of rosemary you can replace it with basil, sage or oregano. Or whichever other herbs you like.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day and best of all, cherish that company (yes, even if it’s your own company!).
If you need some more pasta inspiration, why not try
- 15-minute green pesto pasta
- Vegan stuffed pasta shells
- Red lentil pasta with aubergine & red pepper sauce
- Healthy vegan lasagna
As always, if you recreate this recipe, I’d be delighted to read your comments and hear your feedback. Be sure to drop a comment here on the blog, tag me in your photos on Instagram @Fit Foodie Nutter, Facebook or Pinterest so I don’t miss them. It gives me so much joy seeing your takes on my recipes!
See you next week.
SUPER EASY & QUICK BEETROOT & ROSEMARY PASTA (VEGAN, GF)
- 200 g (gluten free) penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g steam cooked beetroot (without vinegar)
- 1 rosemary twig (leaves only) finely shopped
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbsp water
- A handful of pine nuts (optional)
- Cooked pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, add cooked beetroot, rosemary, mustard, garlic powder, salt & pepper & water into a blender and blend until smooth. You might want to add more water to keep the blender churning.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it well and transfer back in the pan. Add the olive oil into the pan and mix well – this will stop pasta from sticking together. Pour the beetroot source into the pan and mix well to ensure the pasta is well coated.
- Serve with pine nuts and a sprinkle of fresh rosemary.