These healthy vegan & gluten free spinach wraps are a great quick fix for a speedy lunch or dinner. Make ahead and keep the wraps in the freezer.
As much as I’d like to ‘fluff up’ the source of inspiration for this spinach wrap, I’ll be honest and straightforward. It came from a real life situation of me being so impatiently hungry that I gave in to the idea of a supermarket wrap. Yes, you’ve heard this right. A supermarket wrap! I don’t normally favour supermarket’s food on the go, as it’s still packed with a lot of ingredients one struggles to pronounce, however that day I didn’t have my usual stash of homemade snacks with me. So, I knew I had to succumb to the world of convenience food.
Soon after this less than extraordinary experience I knew I had to re-create this spinach wrap. But with a much more condensed ingredients list (6 ingredients to be precise), as I prefer to keep things simple.
Why you’ll love these spinach wraps
- They’re quick and easy to make
- Diet friendly
- Gluten free
- Consist of 6 ingredients only
- Perfect for meal prep and making ahead.
Before I get to the recipe though, I just wanted to share some thoughts about Instagram and authenticity. Feel free to scroll down to the bottom of the page for the recipe if you’d like to politely decline my muttering on this subject. As a lot of creatives out there, I spend a fair bit of time on Instagram, which has been a great platform for seeking inspiration and connecting with new like-minded people.
As much as Instagram can be a great platform, it can also become a rather dark place which makes you second guess yourself and question your self-worth when your photographs do not get the exposure they might deserve. In my opinion, Instagram is getting far too commercial. Constant ads on my feed, the Big Brother ‘curating’ which content I should be seeing as opposed to me making my own decisions about what I’d like to appear on my feed… And the list goes on.
Having had a little pep talk with myself, this is the plan of action I’ve come up with to battle my ‘Instagram demons’:
- Concentrate on the quality of my content rather than quantity.
- Push myself out of my comfort zone and experiment with different styles of food photography. Playing with photography makes it more fun and keeps it fresh.
- Invest in post editing software to enhance my photography.
- Keep working on my self-development (read about my favourite self-development resources here). And stay true to my own course rather than falling in the trap of comparing myself to others.
- Attend workshops to make real life connections with creatives from my local area
- Keep reminding myself about living the REAL life, not the INSTA-life.
If you have some thoughts on your Instagram experience, I’d love if you shared them with me in the comments.
Looking for more quick and easy healthy lunch recipes?
Try some of the readers’ favourite recipes below:
- 3 INGREDIENT GLUTEN FREE BUCKWHEAT WRAPS
- 15 MINUTE ‘CHEESY’ VEGAN POLENTA FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH OR DINNER
- THE BEST HIGH-PROTEIN VEGAN AVOCADO TOAST WITH EDAMAME BEANS
- 30 MINUTE EASY VEGAN PAD THAI
Thank you for taking the time to read and thank you for visiting my blog.
See you next week.
SPINACH WRAPS (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- A big handful of spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil for frying
- Your choice of fillings
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz for a few minutes until everything is well combined. Let the batter rest for around 5-10 minutes.
- In a pan heat up 1 tsp of coconut oil over medium heat. Pour the batter and swirl it round the pan like you would for a pancake. Fry for a couple of minutes on each side
- Stuff the wrap with your choice of fillings. I served mine with sautéed mushroom, spinach and a dollop of cashew cream to make it extra creamy.