No ice cream maker? No problem! You just need 6 ingredients to make this super easy no-churn vegan Biscoff ice cream. Creamy & smooth with an added crunch from crispy Biscoff biscuits, it’s a perfect summer cooler.
I have a confession. I’ve been totally addicted to Biscoff biscuits recently… I ‘blame’ their crunchy texture and seductive caramel taste. However, I’ve only discovered the Biscoff biscuits’ little ‘sibling’ – the Biscoff spread – a few weeks ago. I must have been living under a rock but how on earth didn’t know about its existence is beyond me.
So, I’ve decided to indulge a little and make a perfect summer dessert by incorporating Biscoff biscuits and the spread. Well, the crunchy biscuits and smooth velvety spread that I used as a drizzle made this no-church vegan ice cream totally irresistible, my friend!
INGREDIENTS FOR NO-CHURN VEGAN BISCOFF ICE CREAM
You just need a handful of ingredients:
- Medjool dates
- Full fat tinned coconut milk (refrigerated overnight), solid mass only
- Vanilla bean paste
- Maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener of your choice)
- Biscoff biscuits
- Biscoff spread
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS NO-CHURN ICE CREAM?
- An electric whisk for whisking the coconut milk
- A food processor for blitzing the dates into paste
WHY SHOULD I MAKE IT?
Just in case you haven’t been convinced yet:
- You’ll be totally seduced by its texture: creamy, smooth and crunchy at the same time
- It’s super easy and quick to make
- You don’t need an ice cream machine
- It only requires 6 ingredients
- As far as the ice creams go, it’s a much lighter version of shop-bought ice creams
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN MAKING NO-CHURN VEGAN BISCOFF ICE CREAM
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer 10-15 minutes before you start making the ice cream.
- Refrigerate your coconut milk overnight to allow the solid mass to separate from the water.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to allow it to thaw a little. Alternatively, you can blast it in the microwave for 2-3 seconds to make it a little softer.
If you’re looking for more summer dessert inspiration, check out
- Nectarine & mango summer tart
- Vegan strawberry mousse cake
- Upside down blood orange cake
- Raspberry & rhubarb crisp
- Mango & chia popsicles
- Plum & blackberry galette
As always, if you recreate this recipe, I’d be delighted to read your comments and hear your feedback. Be sure to drop a comment here on the blog, tag me in your photos on Instagram @Fit Foodie Nutter, Facebook or Pinterest so I don’t miss them.
See you next week.
PIN FOR LATER:
NO-CHURN VEGAN BISCOFF ICE CREAM
- Electric whisk
- Food processor (or Nutribullet)
- 6 medjool dates soaked in hot water for 5-10mins
- 5 tbsp hot water
- 2 400ml tins full fat coconut milk, solid cream only refrigerated overnight
- 2 tbsp water from the coconut milk tin
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g Biscoff biscuits crushed
- Around 50g Biscoff spread melted
- Place a big mixing bowl in the freezer for 10-15mins.
- Blitz the soaked dates and hot water in a food processor to form a paste. Set aside to cool down.
- Open the coconut milk tins and carefully remove the solid mass. Set the remaining tinned coconut water aside. In a cold mixing bowl, whisk the solid coconut milk along with vanilla paste, maple syrup and 2tbsp tinned coconut water using an electric whisk until soft peaks form. Add the date paste and whisk again until combined. You’re looking for thick & creamy consistency. If your mixture is too solid, add more coconut water (a tablespoon at a time) to thin it out slightly.
- Fold in crushed Biscoff into the coconut cream mixture. Transfer into an ice cream container, drizzle with melted Biscoff spread and freeze overnight or for 5-6 hours. Thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving to make it a soft-scoop consistency.