These no bake vegan lemon blueberry cheesecake bars have the perfect combination of zing, crunch, creaminess & just enough sweetness. They’re super easy to make, the hardest bit is waiting for the cheesecake to set! Dairy free, nut free, vegan.
We’ve been having some glorious weather here in the UK. It’s been so hot that even the thought of putting an oven on fills me with dread. So, this no bake vegan cheesecake is a perfect dessert for hot summer days. But it’s not only for the hot days of course – you can make it all year round! That’s the beauty of it.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- They are crunchy
- Have just the right amount of sweetness & zing
- Super simple to make
- Don’t require baking
- Perfect for making with kids
- Great snacks
- Perfect for making in advance
How to make vegan cheesecake base
You only need two ingredients: biscuits & dairy free butter. If you’re in the UK, I love using Lotus Biscoff biscuits for their rich caramel flavour. It gives this cheesecake another dimension. As for the dairy free butter, I normally use Naturli Vegan Block or Flora Plant Butter (unsalted).
So, we just combine the crushed biscuits with melted butter, pack it tightly in the cake tin and let it set in the freezer. That’s the base ready!
Lemon & blueberry cheesecake filling
The cheesecake filling is made up of lemon & blueberry sauce, whipped cream and cream cheese.
For those of you based in the UK, I recommend using Violife Creamy Original cream cheese, which is dairy free and vegan.
For dairy-free cream, I love using Elmlea Plant Double Cream. It whips up beautifully and personally, I can’t taste the difference between the dairy & plant version.
Finally, I stick to my favourite Pure Via Baker’s Secret Caster Sugar, which is a much healthier sugar-free alternative to the traditional caster sugar & suitable for keto, vegan & gluten-free diets.
Is it suitable for freezing?
Yes, you can! In fact, I prefer keeping them in the freezer as they come out a little firmer and more crunchy. They just need 10-15 minutes to thaw before eating.
When I make a batch of these lemon & blueberry cheesecake bars, I store a few bars in the Tupperware in the fridge and put the rest in the freezer. They will keep in the fridge for around 5 days and up to 6 months in the freezer (if anyone can ever make them last this long!)
Looking for more quick vegan dessert inspiration?
Try some of the reader’s favourite recipes below:
- QUICK & EASY VEGAN SHORTCRUST NECTARINE TART
- NO-CHURN VEGAN BISCOFF ICE CREAM
- EASY VEGAN STRAWBERRY GALETTE
- HEALTHIER VEGAN CHOCOLATE BROWNIES (GF, SUGAR FREE)
- EASY FLUFFY VEGAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH AQUAFABA
- PLUM & BLACKBERRY GALETTE (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
In conclusion, I really hope you’ll give these vegan lemon blueberry cheesecake bars a try. If you recreate this recipe, I’d love to read your comments and hear your feedback. Be sure to drop a comment here on the blog, tag me in your photos on Instagram @Fit Foodie Nutter, Facebook or Pinterest .
NO BAKE VEGAN LEMON BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
For the base:
- 150 g Lotus Biscoff biscuits (or Digestives)
- 50 g dairy free butter, melted (I use Naturli vegan block)
For the filling:
- 200 g blueberries fresh or frozen
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn flour
For the cream layer:
- 200 g dairy-free cream cheese I use Violife Creamy Original
- 150 ml dairy-free cream I use Elmlea Plant Double Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp caster sugar I used Pure Via Baker’s Secret Caster Sugar alternative
- To make the base, blitz the biscuits into fine crumbs in a food processor. Add the melted butter and process for a few seconds until just combined. Alternatively, if you haven’t got a food processor to hand, place the biscuits into a zip lock bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Line a 9×9 inch cake tin with parchment paper. This will allow to ease the cheesecake out of the tin when it’s ready. Transfer the biscuit mixture into the cake tin. Spread evenly around the tin and pat firmly to form the cheesecake base. Transfer into the freezer whilst you’re making the filling.
- To make the filling, combine all the filling ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil & then turn down to simmer. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the sauce is starting to thicken. It’ll thicken more as it cools down. Allow the sauce to cool down completely.
- To make the cream layer, combine the cream cheese, double cream, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl and whip slowly using an electric hand whisk. Once all the ingredients are well combined, increase the speed to high and whip for 1-2 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Remove the biscuit base out of the freezer, top with the cream mixture and spread evenly around the tin with a palette knife. Spoon dollops of the blueberry mixture around the tin and swirl with a toothpick. Sprinkle with lemon zest and transfer into a freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Take the cheesecake out of the freezer & cut into slices (it cuts best when frozen). Allow the cheesecake bars to thaw for 15-20 minutes before eating. Keep refrigerated, they’ll last for 5-7 days. You can also freeze the cheesecake bars – they’ll keep for up to 6 months. Just allow them to thaw for 15-20 minutes before eating.
I love blueberry cheese cake. Since it doesn’t need oven, this will be convenient to make.
Thank you Saif! I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as I did x
Lauren Michael Harris says
Lemon and blueberry is such a perfect fruit combination. These no bake bars are beautiful and the perfect dessert for summer!
Thank you Lauren x
Jacqueline Debono says
I’ve been looking for a vegan cheesecake recipe to make for guests. I think this one will be a hit so going to give it a try next week. Love that the bars can be kept in the freezer. Perfect for entertaining!
Thank you so much x
I am so happy I found your no-bake vegan lemon blueberry cheesecake bar recipe via Pinterest! I was so excited to make this after coming to your blog and seeing just how delicious looking all the pictures were. The recipe came out great, and the family loved it. I am passing the recipe link to a few friends from work! Have a great day!
Thank you so much Heidy! I’m so glad you & the family enjoyed the recipe! Thank you so much for recreating it xx