This recipe is a perfect party dessert recipe, which you can make in advance. Free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar, it’s much kinder to your waist and is a great way to shave off unnecessary excessive calories.
I had every intention to post the recipe for these healthy chocolate tarts before Christmas and New Year but as soon as I had my last day in the office before the festive break, I came down with a nasty virus, which lasted the majority of the festive break and kept me under the duvet for a few days…
Apart from the above, I had such a great relaxing time over Christmas. We were hosting Christmas in our house this year (I love hosting, as it means I can feed everyone to their hearts’ content!) There was a lot of great food & drink (obviously!), board games and loud laughs, which is exactly what Christmas is all about, isn’t it?! I was mindful to really take in the festive spirit without being bogged down by all the digital distractions and it felt utterly liberating to switch off from the digital world and be truly present in real life. I kind of miss the days when we weren’t so dependant on our phones, don’t you?
Anyway, I’m finally back to the blogging world with so many recipes waiting to be shared, so let’s get back to these delicious chocolate tarts, shall we?! I made them for the Christmas dessert table and they were a big hit!
I must say, these chocolate tarts are a perfect party dessert, as you can make them the night before, so you can spend more time with your friends sipping a glass of prosecco instead of rushing around last minute finishing off the dessert! If you make the tarts in advance, keep them in the fridge in an air tight container. And by the way, just before serving them you can make a little party game by letting your friends guess the chocolate tart’s ingredients. I bet it’ll take them a while to come up with avocado!
To turn this dessert into a lighter breakfast or brunch, fill the tarts with some yoghurt instead of chocolate mousse and top with fresh fruit and voila – it’s ready to be served.
As always, thank you for your support and for stopping by on my blog. May I wish you a wonderful 2018 full of joy, happiness, personal success, prosperity, generosity and good health of course.
HEALTHY VEGAN CHOCOLATE TARTS (GF)
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp ground almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup coconut oil , melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk (from a tin)
- Optional: chopped pistachios & chocolate shavings for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To make the crust, mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until the mixture binds together. Distribute the mixture between 6 small tart cases (allow around 2 heaped tablespoons per case). With your fingers gently flatten the mixture around the tart base and sides, making sure there are no visible holes.
- Pierce the tart bases with a fork and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the sides are starting to get slightly crispy. Remove from the oven and let the tarts cool down completely.
- In the meantime, combine all filling ingredients in the food processor. Blend for 2 minutes until the texture is smooth and silky.
- Fill the cool tarts with the chocolate filling by flattening the filling with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and chocolate shavings.
- Keep the tarts in the fridge in airtight container for 3-4 days.
Leave a Reply