Get prepared for a snack attack with these healthy 4-ingredient peanut butter, banana & oat cookies. Keep them plain for a perfectly healthy breakfast cookie (for both adults and children) or drizzle with dark chocolate & sprinkle with pistachios to make them even more delicious. Vegan & gluten free.
My other half and I have just got back from a mini spa break in the rural Somerset and I must say, I came back like a brand new woman! So relaxed, refreshed and re-energised. I just wish we could extend our weekend by a couple more days (wishful thinking). It was one of those trips when we didn’t do much, just enjoyed each other’s company, talked, read, ate delicious food, sipped good wine and enjoyed our zen-ful spa treatments. It was like pressing the reboot button on the computer…
I took these cookies on a road trip to Somerset with us and before I knew it, they were all gone. I guess, it’s a good sign, isn’t it?
I’m not afraid to admit that I love my snacks. Even better when they come in a ‘healthy-fied’ peanut butter, banana & oat cookies form and require a handful of ingredients to put together. Absolutely perfect for impatient people like myself… Once you’ve made a batch, keep the cookies in the fridge in an air tight container.
If you prefer to keep these cookies extra healthy, just leave out the chocolate and keep them plain. They make perfect breakfast cookies for kids too. To make them a little more indulgent and fun (chocolate makes everything better!), dip the cookies into melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with your favourite nuts (I used pistachios).
As always, if you re-create my recipe, you would make my day if you left a comment on my blog. Be sure to tag me on social media and use the hashtag #fitfoodienutter so I can see all of your beautiful creations.
Thank you for stopping by. See you next week.
HEALTHY BANANA, PEANUT BUTTER & OAT COOKIES (VEGAN, GF)
For the cookies:
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 cup GF oats
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup ground almonds
For the chocolate sauce:
- 150 g dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A handful of chopped pistachios
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 2. In a medium size bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add oats, peanut butter and ground almonds and mix until well combined.
- 3. Scoop out the cookie mixture onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper (allow around 1 heaped tablespoon per cookie). Slightly spread the cookie mixture with the back of a spoon into a round shape. Repeat with the rest of the cookie mixture.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown. Flip on the other side and bake again for 8-10 minutes.
- 5. For the chocolate drizzle, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl (either by microwaving in short bursts or by placing the bowl over a pan of simmering water). Dip one side of the cooled cookies into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.