Get prepared for a snack attack with these healthy 4-ingredient peanut butter, banana & oat cookies. Keep them plain for a perfectly healthy breakfast cookie (for both adults and children) or drizzle with dark chocolate & sprinkle with pistachios to make them even more delicious. Vegan & gluten free.
My other half and I have just got back from a mini spa break in the rural Somerset and I must say, I came back like a brand new woman! So relaxed, refreshed and re-energised. I just wish we could extend our weekend by a couple more days (wishful thinking). It was one of those trips when we didn’t do much, just enjoyed each other’s company, talked, read, ate delicious food, sipped good wine and enjoyed our zen-ful spa treatments. It was like pressing the reboot button on the computer…
I took these cookies on a road trip to Somerset with us and before I knew it, they were all gone. I guess, it’s a good sign, isn’t it?
I’m not afraid to admit that I love my snacks. Even better when they come in a ‘healthy-fied’ peanut butter, banana & oat cookies form and require a handful of ingredients to put together. Absolutely perfect for impatient people like myself… Once you’ve made a batch, keep the cookies in the fridge in an air tight container.
WHAT ARE THESE HEALTHY COOKIES MADE OF?
Just a handful of ingredients which you probably already have in your kitchen:
- Ripe bananas
- Porridge oats ( I used jumbo porridge oats)
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Ground almonds (almond meal)
If you prefer to keep these cookies extra healthy, just keep them plain. They make perfect breakfast cookies for kids too. To make them a little more indulgent and fun (chocolate makes everything better!), dip the cookies into melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with your favourite nuts (I used pistachios).
As always, if you recreate these healthy cookies, I’d be delighted to read your comments and hear your feedback. Be sure to drop a comment here on the blog, tag me in your photos on Instagram @Fit Foodie Nutter, Facebook or Pinterest so I don’t miss them.
Anyway, if you need more sweet inspiration, check out:
- The best easy apple hand pies
- Healthier soft pumpkin & chocolate chip cookies
- Healthier vegan peanut & caramel bars
- Vegan chocolate brownies
- Healthy 4-ingredient energy balls
Thank you for stopping by. See you next week.
Pin for later:
HEALTHY BANANA, PEANUT BUTTER & OAT COOKIES (VEGAN, GF)
For the cookies:
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 cup (gluten free) oats
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup ground almonds (almond meal)
For the chocolate sauce:
- 150 g dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A handful of chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add oats, peanut butter and ground almonds and mix until well combined.
- Scoop out the cookie mixture onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper (allow around 1 heaped tablespoon per cookie). Slightly spread the cookie mixture with the back of a spoon into a round shape. Repeat with the rest of the cookie mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown. Flip on the other side and bake again for 8-10 minutes.
- For the chocolate drizzle, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl (either by microwaving in short bursts or by placing the bowl over a pan of simmering water). Dip one side of the cooled cookies into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
These look so delicious, perfect for breakfast with a banana shake!
I totally failed to read the instructions and only baked the cookies for 10 minutes. They still turned out delicious!
Oh Emily, I’ve done the same with instructions a few times before… I’m glad they still turned out good! Thank you so much for re-creating my recipe, I’m so humbled xx
Nicole Dawson says
Cookies dipped in chocolate…. yes please!
Thank you very much indeed Nicole x
Jasmin | VeeatCookBake says
Those cookies look so gooey. They can just taste amazing.
Thank you so much Jasmin x
Wow! Love everything about this! The kids are going to love when I make these!
Thank you so much Erin! Hope you have a lot of fun with the children:)
Saving this one for back to school. Will come handy soon.
There are perfect cookies for the kids lunch boxes for sure Anvita! I hope you’re enjoying the summer holidays.
Super easy, super healthy, super tasty – what’s not to love! Thank you for sharing <3
Thank you so much for your kind words:) x