This vegan plum crumble is healthy take on the old family traditional crumble. A perfect weekend brunch or dessert, which is also friendly for the waist. No gluten, dairy or refined sugar.
The plum tree in our garden has exceeded all expectations this year. ‘The old lady’ of the tree has been so abundant that I’ve turned into a plum supplier for the neighbours and work colleagues for a few weeks. I kept picking and the plum tree kept gifting more and more delicious goods. Isn’t Mother Nature a generous lady?!
Crumble must be one of our family’s favourite dishes. Its simplicity and versatility make it an excellent quick-to-prepare dessert for any family gathering or dinner party.
However, as much I like the traditional crumble, it’s full of refined sugar and also contains wheat (which I’m not very friendly with at the moment). Therefore, I decided to add my own healthy spin on this traditional classic dish.
Why you’ll love this vegan plum crumble
- First of all, it’s quick and easy to make. Less than 30 minutes to be precise!
- Perfect recipe for those with dietary requirements: no gluten, dairy or refined sugar.
- It makes a delicious weekend brunch or healthier dessert.
Looking for more vegan dessert inspiration?
Check out some of the readers’ favourite recipes below:
- Quick & easy nectarine tart
- Healthier raspberry & rhubarb crisp
- Plum & blackberry galette
- Chocolate & blood orange tart
- Vegan strawberry mousse cake
In conclusion, if you recreate this quick and easy vegan plum crumble, I’d be delighted to read your comments and hear your feedback. And be sure to drop a comment here on the blog, tag me in your photos on Instagram @Fit Foodie Nutter, Facebook or Pinterest.
See you next week.
Gluten free and dairy free plum crumble (vegan, candida friendly)
- For the filling:
- 2 cups plums (stones removed and cut in half)
- 2 tbsp xylitol or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the crumble:
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa (or replace with oats)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a pan and cook on low to medium heat for around 5 minutes until the plums are just starting to soften.
- Whilst the plums are cooking, place all the crumble ingredients apart from puffed quinoa in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds to mix everything together. Add puffed quinoa and pulse 3 or 4 times just to incorporate all the quinoa. If you haven't got puffed quinoa to hand, just replace it with oats.
- Transfer the cooked plums into an oven proof dish and spread evenly to cover the bottom of the dish. Top with crumble and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until it turns golden brown. Serve whilst hot with a dollop of coconut yoghurt if you wish.