These chocolate protein crepes are a perfect post-workout breakfast or brunch. Delicious yet healthy start to the day. Free from gluten & dairy.
Crepes are a little weekend treat in our family. I love experimenting with different flavours and combinations but when it comes to chocolate, always count me in!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CREPES
These crepes are extremely easy to make. First of all, put all the ingredients in a blender. Secondly, whiz it all up for a few seconds until smooth. Finally, cook in hot pan and serve!
I added unsweetened chocolate protein powder to the batter, which makes these crepes a perfect post-workout breakfast. If you haven’t got protein powder, you can replace it with raw cacao powder.
CREPES TOPPINGS VARIATIONS
When it comes to toppings, I love serving mine with a drizzle of carob syrup, cherries and a dollop of dairy free yoghurt. Moreover, you can use any of your favourite toppings, for instance:
- Nut butter
- Maple or agave syrup
- Homemade chia jam
- Fresh berries
- Melted dark chocolate
In conclusion, if you make these delicious chocolate protein crepes, I’d absolutely love to see your take on them and hear your feedback, as always. And be sure to pop your comments in the comment section below and tag me on Instagram or Facebook, so I can see all of your mouth-watering masterpieces.
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY PANCAKES RECIPES?
Check out some of the readers’ favourite recipes below:
- MY BEST YET BUTTERNUT SQUASH PANCAKES (VEGAN)
- VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA PANCAKES (GF)
- FAMILY FAVOURITE GINGERBREAD PANCAKES (VEGAN)
- HEALTHY CARROT CAKE PANCAKES (VEGAN, GF)
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and even better, say hi! See you next week.
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN CREPES (GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened chocolate protein
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1/4 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg (replace with flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tsp xylitol (add more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil for frying
- Fruit toppings of your choice
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for a few seconds until everything is well combined.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour the batter and swirl it round the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.